Sunday, March 22, 2020

Worship Prayers for March 15

CENTERING PRAYER


Holy God, you created the world and all that is in it. You raise up the lowly and you bring down the haughty; your power is unfathomable. The wind and the sea obey your Son’s voice. You are the source of our strength and our confidence is in you. All praise be to you, our stronghold and savior. Amen.

CALL TO WORSHIP (Psalm 27)

The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
Though an army encamp against me, my heart shall not fear;
though war rise up against me, yet I will be confident.
I believe that I shall see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord!

PRAYER OF CONFESSION

Most merciful God, forgive us. We imagine that we can live without you, when you give us our very breath. We seek control over others rather than strive to live in unity. We allow fear to overtake us, even though our lives are in your hands. Draw us back into your steadfast love and shape us into the likeness of your Son, Jesus Christ, in whose name we pray. (Silent Confession)

For the sermon, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment