Tuesday, April 5, 2022

23rd Psalm: My Neighbors

 


The Lord is my neighbors 

I have no complaints 
We all pay dues
To mow the common field 
And hang out by the pool
Life is good
We are fair 
For the sake
Of our community. 
We watch out
For each other 
And live alert
Not in fear
Our security lights
And cameras
Give comfort.
Each summer we get 
Together and party 
We remind each other
To use sunscreen
And our cups overflow 
Let goodness and 
Kindness surround me
All the days
Of my life
While  I live
In my home
Among theirs for
Many long years. 

John Northrip
Photo by Bill Nino on Unsplash
While studying the Psalms in Sunday School Class, Pastor Dave Burgess, encouraged us to think about other ways of stating the 23rd Psalm since most of us don't really have shepherds in our lives.   We are grateful for all who agreed to share their thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment