Tuesday, April 12, 2022

23rd Psalm: My Safety Net


 

The Lord is my safety net under the trapeze.

I am safe if my flying does not happen as planned.

My anxiety is reduced knowing that I will not smash if I fall.

My Net allows me opportunities to practice, not needing to always succeed in flying.

Even as I climb higher and higher on the ladder toward the swing, I fear no danger because my Net understands the Net’s purpose – to protect me.

Net, you might welcome an audience to watch and cheer for me, even if some gawkers might secretly desire to see disaster. My heart beats with anticipation for the thrill of flying. I feel joy in the challenge to try. I will live with positivity that I am working on my skills. I will love myself because my Net encourages me, “Go for it. You can do this hard thing”. My Net will always be proud of my efforts to swing and float through the air. My Net will remind me that I took on a challenge to feel the joy of flying.


Victoria Sherman

Photo by Andrés Canchón on Unsplash

While studying the Psalms in Sunday School Class, Pastor Dave Burgess, encouraged us to think about other ways of stating the 23rd Psalm since most of us don't really have shepherds in our lives.   We are grateful for all who agreed to share their thoughts.



No comments:

Post a Comment