Tuesday, April 26, 2022

23rd Psalm: My Sherpa

The Lord is my Sherpa

I shall not fall.

He teaches me about what’s right.

And gives me time to think.

He shows me the pathway

And calls me back when I miss a turn.

He shows me how to honor nature,

For his child and all children.

Though I know the path is steep and dangerous,

I will go on boldly.

His safety-rope comforts me.

The freeze-dried rations are made warm and nourishing for me,

Even though others say I will never reach the summit.

I know I can do it with your help.

You bring water and oxygen, even more than I need,

And your support lifts me forward for the whole journey.

I will remember the summit and your protection

Always.

 Sue Kirkland

While studying the Psalms in Sunday School Class, Pastor Dave Burgess, encouraged us to think about other ways of stating the 23rd Psalm since most of us don't really have shepherds in our lives.   We are grateful for all who agreed to share their thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment