Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Darkness into Glorious Light

2 Corinthians 4:6
For God, who said, "Light shall shine out of darkness," is the One who has shone in our hearts to give the Light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.

There is nothing more poetic than watching a sun rise... Darkness into the glorious light. But this morning we are chasing the sun and racing towards its glow. It makes me feel optimistic that I can do anything, be anything if I just reach out and catch it... Pictures just don't capture it... I see the ripple of the clouds below each little peak rising to get a piece of the light. There is a crescent moon and neighboring star which are reflected on the wing of the plane which too reflects the Suns glow.  The plane turned and then the horizon was blood red. Then all of a sudden... A spark, a flare! The sun is rising! Climbing up into the sky as a beacon for all of us. No matter where you are in the world, this phenomenon occurs every morning... Darkness into daylight. We marvel at its beauty. What can this say about how global this is?  Each of us are given a new life each day... A new chance to do better, live more fully and it is up to us to shine our face to the bursting glow of the sunrise and say "Yes! I will change the world today!".  In a world filled with so much pain, I wish more people would stop and comprehend what a blessing each day can bring.

Now the sun and sky are a surprising teal blue... Isn't that how life is? Just when you think you know, it changes. This is how we learn... We are faced with the ambiguity each minute of the dreaded "How do we know what we don't know?!"  That can make you fearful of not knowing something that you then think you should have.  What an awful state of mind.  One could get lost there and live a whole life of "Should have".  There can emerge a powerful phrase... "I wonder..." What a giant leap to discovering "what is"!!  I wonder where I'll go today? I wonder who I'll meet? There are literally endless possibilities that can answer that inquiry... All we have to do is be brave enough to ask... 

Heidi Nuckolls

No comments:

Post a Comment