Thursday, February 25, 2016

Perfect Light

I John 1:7
St. Mark Presbyterian Church

But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanest us from all sin.

Last fall my mum plants were outstanding, as large and full of blooms as those I've seen at the Botanical Garden.  Reflecting on the reason for their flourishing, I decided it was because they were in perfect light.  I had given them some care, but not an abundance of fertilizer or sprays, either organic or chemical.  The soil they were in was basically Missouri subdivision clay with a little mulch on top.

It occurred to me that the growth of these plants was similar to humans.  Children who are raised in the warm light of love and security usually thrive, even if they don't have eery material possession we sometimes think they must have.  As adults we may be required to sacrifice time, money or something else important to us to moe toward the radiance of God's perfect light and way, but in doing so we will almost certainly experience inner peace and significant spiritual growth.

Dear Lord,
Gie me the courage today to try to walk in Your way and to help someone else moe toward Your light.  Amen.

Re-printed from St. Mark Presbyterian's 1998 Lenten Devotional with the permission of P. Marshall

No comments:

Post a Comment