Sunday, February 28, 2016

Worship Prayers from Feb. 20, 21

PRAYER IN PREPARATION:  Most Holy God, as we continue our Lenten journey, we await the touch of your Spirit with eagerness.  We ask that you enter the lives of each one of us today, refreshing and renewing and healing us with the power of your love, so that we may live with purpose and enthusiasm and courage, following the path of Jesus our Lord.  Amen. 
CALL TO WORSHIP (Psalm 27)
The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear?
         The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
God will hide me in God’s shelter in the day of trouble;
         God will conceal me under the cover of God’s tent.
I believe that I shall see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
         We will wait for the Lord, we will take courage in our hearts and wait for the Lord.

   PRAYER OF CONFESSION
O God, we admit that all too often you are not the center of our lives.  We find shelter in all the false securities the world offers, rather than grounding ourselves in your promises.  Our emotions drive our fears, and so we wind up making foolish choices, rather than being guided by your word in our heart.  We turn to the politicians, the celebrities, the commentators to give us guidelines for living, rather that following the One who comes in your name.  Forgive us, O God.  Show yourself to us, turn to us with forgiveness and hope. Open our hearts, as well as our eyes, to see the One who comes to gather us up and lead us into your kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment