Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Statement of Faith by Confirmands Part 3


I believe in the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. I believe in sin and forgiveness of sin. I believe in the church and that it is a place to gather with others to worship Jesus. I believe that God guides me through this life. I believe in hope. I believe in heaven and communion. I believe that God created Earth and the plants and animals that live on this earth. I believe that Jesus died on the cross for our sins. I believe that Jesus is the son of God. I believe in all of this because of the Bible, church, and my parents teachings.

I believe in the stories of the Bible. My favorite story in the Bible is the one where Jesus helps the fisherman catch the fish in John 21. In this story Simon Peter is going fishing and all through the night he catches no fish, but then Jesus appears on shore and tells them to throw the net on the other side of the boat and they catch so much fish they cannot hall the net back onto the boat. I like this story because it helps me to trust in God knowing he will be there if I really need him.

My faith means to me that I know and love God. Even though I have never seen God in person I can feel him with me and believe that he is with my family and me through good and bad times. I see the beauty of God’s creation through flowers, animals, other people.

Morgan A.

No comments:

Post a Comment