Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Statement of Faith by Confirmands, Part I

I believe in the Trinity: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.  I believe that the Father is always looking over us and protecting us, even if it doesn't seem like it at the time. I believe that the Son died to redeem us from our sins, and his love is what really saves us. I believe that the Holy Spirit is God’s presence through us; that the mission work we do for others, is how he works through us. I believe in the community of the church through God, how everyone comes together to worship, sing, and praise.It’s amazing how everyone in the church welcomed my family immediately. That is what I believe community, and fellowship through the church is about.


I believe in the Bible and the verses and teachings of the Lord. Proverbs 3:5-6 says, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.” This verse of the Bible is important to me because it means, no matter, what God is there for you. During bad things that have happened in my life and to me, I have doubted God’s presence. It was hard to think he was there, watching over me when so many things were happening all wrong. I believe that God is not in the thunder clouds, but the silver lining. He is not the storm, but the rainbow after. He works through the bad to help us see the God. After the tornado, one thing I specifically remember is how many people came to help and how it brought everyone so much closer together. It was a disaster, but the aftermath was the amazing, inspiring part; Not the tornado itself. I believe God will always prevail, even when things seem hopeless.

I believe Jesus is 100% human and 100% God. He faced some of the same struggles as us, such as temptation, and that’s the human part of him. This is how he understands us. The Godly part of him is always forgiving. He forgave us on that night he died on the cross, and he continues to do so everyday. Although his forgiveness is free, you have to ask for it and really mean it. I believe Jesus is perfect, never at fault. The Son and the Father are the same being. I believe Jesus loves us all, no matter what mistakes we make, or how badly we mess up. My mom and dad have told me before, “I may not like you right now, but I always love you.” That is how I believe Jesus feels about everyone of his children.

I love the church, and all the people in it. They have been some of the nicest, most welcoming people I have ever met. Church can be my escape sometimes, whether its Mound Ridge or the Youth Room in the basement. Even when I’ve felt like I couldn’t be myself at school or other places, I always feel comfortable in my skin in Church, and that’s what I love about it. The missions at Mound Ridge, singing hymns, talking to people, and helping at VBS or the ABC sale have all meant so much to me! I’m thankful for everyone and I’m very excited to be an official member of St. Mark.
Amelia B.

No comments:

Post a Comment