Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Credo for Advent

I believe
in angels who watch over me,
in the holy spirit which guides me,
in the DNA of my ancestors influencing who I am,
in inspiration which comes unannounced.
I BELIEVE.

I believe 
in helping others with schooling, health care, food, housing,
in freedom to live with whom and where I want to live,
in discussion not angry words with name-calling and threats,
in families focusing on what they have in common not what keeps them apart,
I BELIEVE in PEACE.

I believe
in clean air, water and soil as God intended,
in saving threatened species which God has created,
in supporting natural energy sources from wind, sun, water
in recycling, composting, re-purposing,
I BELIEVE in the EARTH.

I believe 
in respecting other religious groups,
in welcoming immigrants and refugees,
in being open and willing to learn from those who are different,
in seeing the good in people even if I have to search for it.

I BELIEVE in PEACE on EARTH.

Jaclyn Morgan
Photo by Luke Stackpoole on Unsplash

2 comments:

  1. These eloquent words mean even more knowing the person who wrote them. You live your credo and make it shine. I love "inspiration which comes unannounced." That's the joy of writing, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, too! Well said. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete