Monday, March 23, 2015

God Rides a Motorcycle


This is from an e-mail from Terri Rider, a missionary in India, who attended St. Mark Presbyterian a few years ago.


God Rides a Motorcycle

hmmm - sounds like a catchy title for a book

It has been appreciative and sometimes a grin and chuckle to see where the Father shows up when needed.   Every so often a need will arise, a small prayer is lifted up, and of course He will provide.

One afternoon, a colleague and I were riding in an auto rickshaw.   Our plan was to drop a colleague at location 1 and me at location 2.  The rickshaw driver was much confused with having 2 drops.  I was trying to explain in simple words where to go.  Comprehension was not happening.  While stopped at a traffic light (yes, sometimes locals actually follow rules of the road) a motorcycle pulled up next to us.  He must have seen the confusion our driver was having.  He turned to us and asked what we wanted the driver to do.  The motorcyclist relayed the information in local language and off we went.  God rode a motorcycle that afternoon  ( :
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While traveling to a friend’s out of state wedding, a bus connection had to be made after the 15 hour train journey.  A few of His helpers made the trip possible. The bus depot which had to be found, easily had 100 buses staged there.  The bus company needed was nowhere to be seen.    Great  ) :     While circling the area once more, searching for the company, prayers were lifted up.  Almost immediately a bus cleaning worker stepped out from a parked bus and asked where I needed to go.  He started walking me towards the bus company when a police officer approached us. He listened to the story and told me to get on the back of his motorcycle.  He would drive me to the needed location. Once again Praises for answered prayers! And once again God rode a motorcycle, in addition to cleaning buses.                                                                                                                                                                                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One of my neighbors invited me to their youngest son’s wedding. I had not heard of Yarpal city and was not familiar with it, how to reach there, where the function hall was located …   A friend was able to direct me which bus to ride for Yarpal.  Off I went.  The bus conductor, who sells the on-board tickets, told me where to get down and gave general directions to the function hall for the wedding.  The road had a split, do I go left or right? Thankfully a coconut vendor was nearby.  I asked for his help.  With limited communication skills, he said take left road, then left.   Ok, no problem.  Left and left led me to an interior village.  This is not the function hall.  I looked around and could see nothing, nor hear a band or large gathering of people.  So I returned back to the main road.  The coconut man looked surprised to see me back so soon.  I told him left and left is village.  No No No go back left and left.  I said no – it is village.  Prayerfully he had 3 customers at his coconut cart. He strongly encouraged one of his customers to drive me to the function hall – on his motorcycle.  I simply smiled and said, "Thank You."  
                                                                                                                                        
God sold coconuts that day, and one of His helpers drove the motorcycle.    

Matthew 18:10 - Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.                                                                                                                                                           

1 comment:

  1. Bertha and I experienced an 'angel' who got us to the correct mega bus location at 2:30 a.m. We were at the wrong spot 8 blocks away from the correct pickup. Without this angel (whose skin was a different color than ours) we would have missed getting to Chicago where we needed to be to make our AmTrak connection for our week of hiking in Montana!

    ReplyDelete