Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Healing the World

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, so that everyone that believes in Him may not perish but may have eternal life"  John 3: 16.

God sent His Son Jesus to heal our broken world.  We all come to Jesus for healing but I always have to remind myself that my prayer may not be answered according to my time schedule or in the way that I propose.  When my husband Wayne died, I felt so lost my world was surreal.  I prayed "help me Lord!" and I asked my friends and family to pray for me.  The loss of my loved one is still with me but the comfort I feel from the Lord m God is very real.  I am so humbled by God's love.

I found that being of service---in church, for our family, or in our community---helps us heal.  "Even when wounded and needy, we can speak of God's love and grace and act with compassion, becoming conduits of God's healing love" (A World Worth Saving, p. 82).

Living a life of service doesn't mean a sober existence.  Loving life and living it to fullness is what Jesus spoke about in John 10:10, "I came that they may have life, and have it more abundantly".  We can't all be Stephen Ministers, but we can all pray for all aspects of our broken world.

Reflections on Chapter 5 from our "All Church Book Read" by B. Larez, with her permission.  There is no Midweek today due to Spring Break.

No comments:

Post a Comment