Thursday, December 21, 2017

Breathe

Time Out

Every once in a while
I catch myself to see
If I can slow down enough
To give some time to me.

When I do, I am amazed
By what I missed near there
And I, with myself alone,
Begin to show some care.

I take a deep silent breath
And thank God for helping out.
Too often I'm in such a rush
I forget what life's about.



Matthew 11:28-30Modern English Version (MEV)

28 “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavily burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me. For I am meek and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.[a] 30 For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light.”
Modern English Version (MEV)
The Holy Bible, Modern English Version. Copyright © 2014 by Military Bible Association. Published and distributed by Charisma House.

Reprinted with permission of Skip Johnson from the 1985 Thoughts on Advent

No comments:

Post a Comment