Monday, December 18, 2017

Messiah

Christians’ promise of hope through Christ Jesus

As the season of Advent approaches, my childhood memories take me back to anticipating the Christmas season with Handel’s Messiah as its sound track. The day after Thanksgiving my mother began playing the “Messiah” (both the Christmas and Easter portions) on our record player, so loud, we could hear it all through the house. As a child, I heard Isaiah’s words accompanied by beautiful music before I could read them in the Bible. I will always associate the season of Advent with Handel’s “Messiah”.

My husband and daughter also experienced the Messiah sound tract to Advent. As a toddler, my daughter would jump up and down on her bed while singing the “Hallelujah Chorus“, delighting my mother!

Isaiah’s prophesies fulfilled in Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior is our Christian message of hope. Paul writes in Romans 8 28-29; “For I am convinced that neither death, now life nor angels nor rulers, nor things present, nor things to come nor powers, nor height, nor depth, not anything else in creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord”.

Lord we ask that you guide us to share our hope and love with all the world, all the time.

Bertha Larez

No comments:

Post a Comment