Sunday, March 25, 2018

Worship Prayers for March18

CENTERING PRAYER:  Loving God, you offer the gift of new life each day.  Open my heart to receive this grace that I may be wholly yours, then give me the courage to share this gift wherever I go as I seek to walk in your way of mercy, forgiveness, and newness of life.  Amen.

  
        
CALL TO WORSHIP
Jesus said, “When I am lifted up, I will draw all people to myself.”
Blessed be the God of our salvation who bears our burdens and forgives our sins.
Come! Let us worship our God together!

   PRAYER OF CONFESSION
Redeeming God, we confess we have not loved you with our whole heart, and we have not loved our neighbors as we ought; we have strayed from your commandments.  Do not remember our sins, but forgive our iniquities, that we may fix our eyes on you and sin no more. We pray this in the name of our Lord, Jesus Christ.  (Silent Confession)

   PRAYERS OF THE PEOPLE AND THE LORD’S PRAYER
Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be Thy name.  Thy kingdom come.  Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.  Give us this day our daily bread.  And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.  And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever.  Amen.
[Prayer requests may be given to one of the pastors before the service.]



† AFFIRMATION OF FAITH – Heidelberg Catechism Question One:
   Q.    What is your only comfort in life and in death?
   A.    That I am not my own, but belong — body and soul, in life and in death — to my     faithful         Savior, Jesus Christ.  He has fully paid for all my sins with his precious blood, and has set me free from the tyranny of the devil.  He also watches over me in such a way that not a         hair can fall from my head without the will of my Father in heaven; in fact, all things must work together for my salvation.  Because I belong to him, Christ, by his Holy Spirit,    assures me of eternal life and makes me wholeheartedly willing and ready from now on to   live for him.



SCRIPTURE READING     John 12:20-33

For the sermon "Laying Down and Lifting Up" click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment