Monday, March 4, 2013

Experiencing the Spirit of God

I Corinthians 2: 11-13

Sometimes we experience events or notice things that truly move us.  When that has happened to me, both for good and bad, I am often at a loss for words to express what I'm feeling, even if I only speak those words to me.  However, during some of these moments, within me I have felt a sense of understanding, as if someone or something is trying to tell me the meaning of it all...and I can only begin to comprehend.  This passage, for me, offers a glimpse into what that someone or something is.  It is a moment I'm sharing with the Spirit of God.  It is an experience not learned through my worldly journeys, but imparted to me.  It's as if God is reassuring me that He understands, and some day I will too.

Mike Query for 2005 St. Mark Presbyterian Lenten Devotional

No comments:

Post a Comment