Wednesday, March 13, 2013

How Easy

"The sacrifice acceptable to God is a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise."  Psalm 51:17
Art by Hannah V.

How easy it is to forget my Lord;
In the hustle of each day.
As a blind man stumbling in the dark,
I strive to make my way.

How easy it is to forget my Lord;
When I'm consumed with how I've fared.
Concentrating only on what I've accomplished,
In my own sin, ensnared.

How easy it is to forget my Lord
When I'm seeking my own will.
My savior died upon a cross;
It was He who paid my bill.

But when there is nothing more I can do;
And I've come to the end of me--
I reach out my powerless hand to God,
And touch infinity.



Prayer:  O God, thank you for your grace.  When we are least deserving is when we need you most.  May we remember through this Lenten season the precious gift of your Son, Christ Jesus. Amen.

David Boyd for St. Mark Presbyterian Lenten Devotional, 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment