Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Who is my neighbor?

"You should love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind; and your neighbor as yourself."  Luke 10: 27

Action Tuesday

Who is my neighbor?  Our idea of that is broadened by Jesus parable of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10: 29-37).  Neighbor still includes the people next door.  How well do you know them?  Is there some way you can connect with someone in your neighborhood you don't know very well?

One idea: "I was at the Bread Company today and the rolls smelled so fresh and good, I thought you might enjoy some."

Or: "I baked some bread today, and there is no way we can eat it all.  I thought you might enjoy some while it is still warm."

This is from the St. Mark Presbyterian Lenten Devotional 2002.  Perhaps you could invite a neighbor to worship with us on Sundays, also.  Please write in the comments below other ways we can be good neighbors.



No comments:

Post a Comment